Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Bathroom Clean Out!

Our new cleaner is very good so far, had a request: could the kid’s bathroom stuff be *condensed* a little to aid cleaning!Well, I have been asking the same thing for ages!After Kieran pointed out his ONE shampoo bottle in the shower and ALL his toiletries in HIS basket in the cupboard, he was excused.He helped me trap the girls in the bathroom to complete their mission. I gave them a washing basket and a garbage bag each.Well, ever wondered who ends ups with all those gift packs? I think we know now! They have enough bath salts/bubbles etc to wash the nation and plenty of soap and shower gel if they run out. Perfume, body lotions, scrubbing gloves/mits/sponges etc – not to mention toiletry bags! I will threaten family who give such things for Christmas!When they finished, they had a decent stash each and THREE garbage bags of packaging, rejects and OMG! Stuff like ancient tampons and insect repellent: circa goodness knows when! Ashley pulled up a chair to watch and drank a beer. Rod came home from work and ate dinner and still they worked on. Bag of stuff for Savers (all the toilet bags etc, they can’t take toiletries) and – amazingly – there is enough cupboard space to fit everything in!!!! I may never need to buy soap again: always buying, Rod always complaining there isn’t any … guess where it was???I had to bribe them with a container of their choice each from Howards or Ikea, but it is worth it to see all those horizontal spaces clear!!! I think I also promised to replace the vanity (that was rash, I will need a MAN in!).




Posted by Picasa

No comments: